To unlock, go to the Legacy Map and search the dirt path to the left of the church. You will find a wagon next to a stump; on the stump is a wizard's hat and pipe. Stare at the hat until it glows and shakes to unlock the unit.
The Wizard wears a typical wizard hat, long robes, and has a pipe in his mouth, and has a very long, gray beard. He wields a (seemingly magical) wooden staff in his right hand, as well as a Longsword in his left hand.
The Wizard is mainly used as a ranged crowd control unit, using lightning spells from their staff to disrupt and destroy enemy groups. The bolt of lightning fired from his staff instantly hits the targeted enemy, dealing knockback and causes them to glow blue. After a short moment, the affected unit will become electrified, spin around at high speed, and then electrocute all units nearby. While being electrified, the affected unit takes some damage over time, and then significant damage on the electrocution.
The greatest application of the Wizard is when they are possessed by the player. Under direct control, the Wizard's lightning attack can be cast from any location that is directly visible, effectively granting the player infinite range. In tandem with moderate damage, rate of fire, and potential for great crowd control, placing one Wizard on a high vantage point will allow the player to smash almost any opposing army.
If the Wizard is threatened by close quarters units, they can fend for themselves by using their sword like a normal melee unit, which deals enough damage to kill a Squire in one shot. To pair up with this melee prowess, the Wizard also has a suitably large health pool to withstand some minor hits during such combat. Compared to other melee units for its price however, using these melee options is best only for dire situations of self-defense against threats such as Shadow Walkers.
A major weakness with the Wizard is how poorly it deals with larger enemy types. Mammoths, Tanks, and other large units which have high natural weights are less effectively flung around by the lightning attacks. These units also tend to have large health values, making the moderate single target damage of the Wizard less effective compared to similar units like the Catapult.
- The Wizard is based on Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.
- Being part of the Legacy Faction, the Wizard was originally designed early on in TABS development, seen as early as the Farmer Faction trailer in 2017.
- The lightning spell is very similar to the Healer's beam, being instant, unable to miss, and cannot be deflected or dodged (not even by the Dark Peasant).
- A lot of wizards can defeat a Super Peasant.
- The Wizard's appearance (i.e. the clothing) are identical to some clothing options available in TABG.
- While not very noticeable, there's actually a sound of the Farmer every time he uses his lightning spell, even if there's no Farmer placed in the map.