The Open Alpha was the first version of TABS that was accessible to the public. The Open Alpha will not be updated, so anything Neon related or after is not included. The Open Alpha brought huge changes to the game. You could now place units directly onto the map, and factions were added, along with a multitude of new Units and a different system that could handle more units being on a map at once.
- Headbutter (Now in Viking)
- Spear Thrower (Now in Tribal)
- Taekwondo (Now in Secret)
- Ninja (Now in Dynasty)
- Shogun (Originally Samurai Master and now in Secret)
- Sensei (Originally Ninja Master and now in Secret)
- Barrelroller (Now in Legacy)
- Trump (Now Scrapped)
- Hillary (Now Scrapped)
- M16 (In Development/Unconfirmed)
- Super Boxer (Now in Legacy)
- Super Peasant (Now in Legacy)
- Dark Peasant (Now in Legacy)
- The Archer was nerfed and its price was dropped from 70 to 60.
- The Ballista was nerfed so its blast radius was shrunk and it's price was dropped from 600 to 550.
- The Catapult was buffed so it could aim and its price was raised from 500 to 600.
- The Shield was buffed, with the buff it did more damage and it price was raised from 60 to 70.
- The Chariot has a Christmas-themed re-skin in this alpha, (along with the closed alpha,) and had it's price raised from 450 to 600.
- The Samurai swords are held in a different manner.
- The Hwacha was nerfed to be very inaccurate and it's price dropped from 650 to 500
- The Cannon Crew has exploding cannonballs.
- The Barbarian was buffed and its price raised from 20 to 30
- The Farmer was buffed, plus its price raised from 20 to 30.
- The Boxers attack speed was increased and its price raised from 15 to 40.
- The Chicken Man's price dropped from 2000 to 1000.
- The Chicken Man Man's price lowered from 5000 to 4000 and units do not attack his Chicken Men any more.