The Dark Peasant is a Legacy ranged Unit in Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. It is equipped with dark hands, encircling it and protecting it from almost every projectile in the game, and blasts of dark magic, capable of dealing massive amounts of damage.
The Dark Peasant uses the generic Wobbler units base and wears rugged, black and grey clothing, with red eyes, dark and evil auras around its real hands, and has black hands that move around the unit in a sphere, creating a personal shield and protecting it from all incoming projectiles and grabbing its next victim to annihilate.
The Dark Peasant grabs Units at medium range with its magic hands and either flings them into the air, throws them to another unit, usually killing both units, or slams them into the ground, creating a small explosion that does AOE damage and also usually kills the intended target. These hands will also appear right in front of any incoming projectiles ranging from arrows to Ballista bolts, which they block. Larger spherical projectiles such as Cannonballs, Catapult rocks, and Stoner boulders can also be grabbed by the hands and thrown away, usually right back at the unit that launched the projectile in the first place. The Dark Peasant's hands can also block bullets, but along with that, the blocked bullets will bounce back at the shooter. This only happens with bullets, such as from Musketeers, Deadeyes, Quick Draws, etc. (not the Gunslinger, though). Its other attacks are firing a stream of dark projectiles, each doing large amounts of damage and causing explosions on impact; you see, if a unit manages to get near the Dark Peasant (somehow) all of its hands floating around it will expand then quickly contract, causing a massive explosion in a "repulse" motion with a huge knockback effect that knocks any nearby units back and does major amounts of damage.
- The Dark Peasant is the only unit in TABS to be revamped three times. Originally, it summoned spikes from the ground that impaled units (Can be found in the UC as an ability). Then it was changed to have magical glowing orbs that it'd throw into enemies to deal heavy damage.
- Now, it has black floating hands that stop and/or deflect projectiles and grab foes.
- He costs 9,999,999. Because of this, it is not usable in the campaign mode (Except when using Present Elf).
- In the Open Alpha, one M16 could beat it all by itself, because of knockback.
- The Dark Peasant's hands are the hands in the Bug DLC but in black.
- The Dark Peasant originally was stronger than the Super Peasant, and technically, it still is, or at least doesn’t have as many weaknesses and is far harder to kill. While the Super Peasant is usually the one defeating it, it not only has more hand placement, but is also less vulnerable to the weaknesses of the latter.
- The Gravestone behind the church is supposedly the Dark Peasant's.
- Because of its high health, the Dark Peasant is highly "resistant" against the black hole DLC Bug.
- The only projectile that the Dark Peasant cannot deflect as of 0.12 is the pumpkin from the Pumpkin Catapult.
- Bug DLC’s such as the God Hand and Push have little to no effect on the Dark Peasant.
- When the Dark Peasant dies, the hands around it won't actually disappear, so even when you/or other ranged units shoot at it/around it, the hands will still block the projectile(s) that you/other ranged units shot/threw.
- The Dark Peasant was originally in the Alphas.
- The Dark Peasant originally costed 20000 points.
- The Dark Peasant is the bulkiest unit in the game, having 1,400,000 health.
- Bomb Thrower's bombs will not be caught by the hands.
- As of the Unit Creator update, bouncy balls can't be caught by the Dark Peasant's hands.
- A Dark Peasant can kill another Dark Peasant, it just takes an extremely long time.
- If the Dark Peasant is blocking arrows or Blackbeard's Cannon Barrage and shooting it’s projectiles, it tends to block it own projectiles as well (without the intent).
- The Dark Peasant isn't totally immune to ranged attacks, as some Arrows can go through its shield, with a very slight chance.
- Ironically, despite seemingly falling down like a feather at times, it is the heaviest Unit in TABS.[Verification Needed]
- In the concept art, the Dark Peasant was either supposed to have flaming black hair or a seemingly British-style Officer's Redcoat.