The tank rotates, firing one to two shots at a time. The tank seems to be good at dealing damage across large hordes of troops. The tank can also have high knockback damage too. If there was a horde of peasants coming at all directions, it would fire all cannons in every direction. Unfortunately, this also results in friendly fire.
As the tank spins, the exterior panels of the tank will fly up, exposing the driver inside. The driver has little health but spins very rapidly rendering most projectiles useless.
The tank is exceptionally tough, able to survive a few ballista bolts without dying. When the tank gets within range, it spins so it's cannons can face the enemy. It will fire a volley and then will have to wait for the cannons to reload. The spinning motion of the tank, and the cannons jutting out from the sides can easily knock down short-ranged melee units attacking it, so dealing with them shouldn't be a problem.
The tank has few weaknesses to exploit, but there are some methods that can be used to achieve victory. The tank costs a lot, so it can't be used often. A firing line of 11 Musketeers or 3 Ballistas together can kill the tank in 1 volley. 1 Hwacha has enough firepower in a single attack to kill the Da Vinci Tank, but if the tank is spinning, the Hwacha will often shoot around it. While the tank has a lot of health, the driver inside doesn't, making units that can deal damage through the armor useful, such as the Musketeer, the Bomb Thrower, the Bomb Cannon, Wheelbarrow Dragon, Ullr, the Bone Mage, Zeus, the Fan Bearer, and all the Giants. Halflings are good as a distraction, as they are small and can get under the cannons. Valkyries are probably the most cost efficient way to defeat it, they dive at it outside of it's attack range and then they attack it from the top, where it can't hit them. Monkey king’s doubles can get inside the tank, causing a distraction. Painters can take the tank down if it isn’t moving too fast, as they can dodge the cannonballs, allowing them to get under the cannon height, and attack from that point.
The cannons are fairly short-ranged and small, and the cannonballs break upon impact. In effect, each individual cannon is only able to hit a single target, unlike the Cannon Crew.
The cannons will fire automatically if a unit is within range and in front of a loaded cannon. The player can either manually turn the tank by moving the camera, or press space while in range to spin the tank. Right or left-clicking seems to jerk the tank forward slightly.
- The Da Vinci tank is a prototype design made by Leonardo Da Vinci along other designs such as a robot, a car, and a helicopter.
- In the full release, the Da Vinci Tank will have a colored top, depending on the team.
- It has only two wheels, but it can move in every direction.
- Development videos show the Da Vinci Tank can have its cannons swapped out with other weapons, such as swords or healing staves. This is likely a feature of the Unit Editor.
- If enough Cheerleaders support it, the tank will become a tornado, much like the Mace Spinner unit. The tank can still shoot while in the tornado, and the tornado is larger.
- There is a glitch where the sign for the Da Vinci Tank becomes the sign for the Catapult. There is also another glitch where it may shoot it's cannons at the units on the other side.
- As shown in the video Da Vinci’s tank might need some tweaking, it used to blast itself into the air and flip over. This has now been fixed.
- When hit with a "heavy" attack, such as Samurai Giant's sword attack, one of the tank's plates will smash into the tank and get stuck in the tank. This is not due to damage, because practically all of a Hwacha's bolts could hit one plate (enough to kill the tank,) but the plate won't "fold". thus we use the term "heavy".
- When enough balloon arrows hit a plate, the plate will "flip" upwards.
- Upon death the plates become detached, commonly flying everywhere.
- There is a glitch when snakes attack the tank. When the snakes get thrown by the tank they become straght and elongatated, after a couple seconds the snakes go back to normal.
- The Ballista, Hwacha, Cannon and Da Vinci Tank's voices all sound similar.