Go to the Renaissance and look up in the sky. You should see something in the distance. Upon closer inspection, you should notice a man with a backpack flying with a balloon.
The Ballooner wears leather garments and goggles, carrying a backpack with a mini hot air balloon attached to it. It also has arms covered with "glue" to catch enemies. Before that, he used to have different colored pant-legs, rather than his pantaloons.
The Ballooner is best used to take out normal-sized enemies, by grabbing them and then dropping them to their deaths. The Ballooner takes no fall damage after dropping, and they are invulnerable to attacks while lifting an enemy. Compared to the Balloon Archer, the Ballooner is a cheaper alternative, although they have to get close to the enemy, and their balloon is single use only. Once they return to the ground, they can only do a weak punch attack that can disable their target's attacks (Except for abilities) as long as they keep grabbing. They are somewhat effective against heavy targets when in large groups, and they can carry a horse into the air with at least 10 or more of them. As of the Unit Creator beta, when he and the unit are falling there is a 15-20% chance he will do a meteor ability, in which the Ballooner will burst in flames and when it comes in contact with the ground it will explode.
- The Ballooner first showcased on the Landfall Youtube Channel in 2017.
- The Ballooner is in the Renaissance Campaign despite being a Secret Unit.
- Up until the major Unit Creator update (Check Updates), the Ballooner costed 90, it's attacks didn't disable the enemy, & there was not a chance for a meteor Ballooner.
- A lot of ballooners can disable the Super Peasant, and after a long time or with the help of some high damage ranged units (Like Artemis), they can kill the unit.
- Apparently, the Ballooner's disable ability can be stopped using the Healer.
- The Ballooner is surprisingly good at 1v1s, but you should be careful when using him against a unit with another attack/ability. For example, the Minotaur could charge his way out of his hands, or the Taekwondo could kick the Ballooner to death.
- When the Ballooner jumps, it cannot take damage.